Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sync tzload() and tzparse() APIs with IANA release tzcode2016c.

От Christian Ullrich
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sync tzload() and tzparse() APIs with IANA release tzcode2016c.
Дата
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sync tzload() and tzparse() APIs with IANA release tzcode2016c.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane wrote:

> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
>> Buildfarm-not-being-happy-status: woodloose, mastodon, thrips, jacana.
>> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=woodlouse&dt=2016-03-29%2000%3A42%3A08
>> The origin of the problem is that, which prevents all the subsequent
>> queries to fail:
>>    SET TimeZone to 'UTC';
>> + ERROR:  invalid value for parameter "TimeZone": "UTC"
>
> Yeah.  I've been staring at that for awhile, but it's not clear where
> the problem is.  There are a bunch of other SET TIME ZONE commands in
> the regression tests, how is it that this trivial case fails on the
> Windows critters?

I think this is the reason, from the check log on woodlouse (jacana says
the same in make style):

Generating timezone files...release\zic\zic: Can't create
C:/buildfarm/buildenv/HEAD/pgsql.build/tmp_install/share/timezone/US/Pacific-New:
No such file or directory

zic aborts somewhere between writing Etc/UTC and UTC. This is how the
toplevel directory ends up after the error:

<DIR>          Africa
<DIR>          America
<DIR>          Antarctica
<DIR>          Arctic
<DIR>          Asia
<DIR>          Atlantic
<DIR>          Australia         2.102 CET         2.294 CST6CDT         1.876 EET           127 EST         2.294
EST5EDT
<DIR>          Etc
<DIR>          Europe           264 Factory           128 HST
<DIR>          Indian         2.102 MET           127 MST         2.294 MST7MDT
<DIR>          Pacific         2.294 PST8PDT         1.873 WET

After I manually created the "US" directory, zic had no further trouble
putting files into it.

--
Christian