Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23/03/16 13:05, Michael Paquier wrote:

>>> Here you go:
>>> - 0001 fixes the global declarations of TIMEZONE_GLOBAL and
>>> TZNAME_GLOBAL to be WIN32-compliant. I got bitten by that in the ECPG
>>> compilation.
>>> - 0002, support of VS2015 in the scripts of src/tools/msvc
>>> - 0003, this is necessary in order to run the regression tests,
>>> details are here:
>>>
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqTDiXxS8CdL8mOiVh6qFQ-1qV9mKN0AyjzYBvzv6WC0dA@mail.gmail.com
>>
>> So that's basically what Andres did? Interesting that we now actually really
>> need it. I was in favor of doing those changes in any case.
>
> Yes, that's what Andres did. I am just attaching it here to allow
> Andrew to test this patch set appropriately.
>
>>> - 0004 is the fix for locales. This is actually Petr's work upthread,
>>> I have updated comments in the code though and did a bit more
>>> polishing. This still looks like the cleanest solution we have. Other
>>> solutions are mentioned upthread: redeclaration of struct _locale_t in
>>> backend code is one.
>>
>> Thanks for polishing this.
>>
>> I think this is ready to be committed, but the 0003 might be somewhat
>> controversial based on the original thread.
>
> I thought that the end consensus regarding 0003 was to apply it, but
> we could as well wait for the final verdict (committer push) on the
> other thread. And well, if this is not applied, some of the gin tests
> will complain about "right sibling of GIN page is of different type" a
> couple of times.

Hmm I see you are right, I missed the last couple emails. Ok I'll mark
it ready for committer - it does work fine on my vs2015 machine and I am
happy with the code too. Well, as happy as I can be given the locale mess.

--   Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services