Re: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions

От David Steele
Тема Re: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/15/16 10:39 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 4:25 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
>
>> Note that we currently have some frontend programs with the equivalent
>> problem. Most importantly receivelog.c (pg_basebackup/pg_recveivexlog)
>> are missing pretty much the same directory fsyncs.  And at least for
>> pg_recvxlog it's critical, especially now that receivexlog support
>> syncrep.  I've not done anything about that; there's pretty much no
>> chance to share backend code with the frontend in the back-branches.
>
> Yeah, true. We definitely need to do something for that, even for HEAD
> it seems like an overkill to have something in for example src/common
> to allow frontends to have something if the fix is localized
> (pg_rewind may use something else), and it would be nice to finish
> wrapping that for the next minor release, so I propose the attached
> patches.

I noticed this when reviewing the pg_receive_xlog refactor and was going
to submit a patch after the CF.  It didn't occur to me to piggyback on
this work but I think it makes sense.

+1 from me for fixing this in pg_receivexlog and back-patching.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net