Re: pg_basebackup compression TODO item

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pg_basebackup compression TODO item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/03/2016 09:34 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2016-03-03 18:31:03 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I think we want it at protocol level rather than pg_basebackup level.
>
> I think we may want both eventually, but I do agree that protocol level
> has a lot higher "priority" than that. Something like protocol level
> compression has a bit of different tradeofs than compressing base
> backups, and it's nice not to compress, uncompress, compress again.

Agreed. This is something that we have neglected and argued against for
no good reason for over a decade. It is time to get it done.

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup compression TODO item
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup compression TODO item