Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 03/02/2016 04:51 PM, Josh berkus wrote:

>> Hey guys, really??? Again you'll hurt us scheduling an important
>> PostgreSQL event in the same period of other important event PGBR (The
>> Brazilian PostgreSQL Conference)??
>>
>> Didn't you guys look at the event wiki page [1] to check if there are
>> other important event at the same period?? We booked the PGBR on wiki in
>> December 15, 2015 to occur November 16-18, 2016.
>
> One of the problems we run into here is that that wiki page lists some,
> but not all, major PostgreSQL events which have been booked (for
> example, pgConf.EU is not on it, nor is Postgres Open, even though they
> both have dates).  There really is no canonical calendar, which leads to
> groups like Citus mistakenly booking conflicts because there's no good
> place for them to check.
>
> Given that the wiki page doesn't seem to work, do we have other
> suggestions on how we can track this to give people/companies "one place
> to check"?

This seems like a solution looking for a problem. The reality is, there
is almost always *something* going on that is related to PostgreSQL. If
not a PgDay, a Meetup, if not a Meetup, a conference.

PgConf.US (500)
PgConf North Sound (LFNW)
PostgresOpen
PgConfSV
PostgresVision
PgConf Southern California (SCALE)

And then of course the larger user groups:

NYC
SFPUG
Dallas

And that is just the U.S.

Further, the idea that SV needs to worry about Brazil is troubling.
Sure, there is a precedence that US won't collide with EU but other than
that?

All of these events are run by different people, all with different
goals that are aligned but certainly not parallel to another.

Sincerely,

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564

Сообщение: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016
Сообщение: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016