Re: Multi-tenancy with RLS

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Multi-tenancy with RLS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02/09/2016 12:28 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> JD,
>
> * Joshua D. Drake (jd@commandprompt.com) wrote:
>> pg_dump -U $non-super_user
>>
>> Should just work, period.
>
> That ship has sailed already, where you're running a pg_dump against
> objects you don't own and which have RLS enabled on them.

Just to be clear, what I was suggesting is that pg_dump would just work
(and RLS would properly execute) or in other words, I shouldn't have to
tell pg_dump to enable row security else throw an error. If RLS is
enabled, then the backup just runs with appropriate permissions.

Or am I missing something?

Sincerely,

JD

--