Re: CoC [Final v2]

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: CoC [Final v2]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/24/2016 02:34 AM, Chris Travers wrote:

>         We need to also cover abuse by members of the community made
>         outside the community. Otherwise we’ll appear to give safe
>         harbor to abusers.
>

>     The private lives of members are the private lives of members. Let
>     whatever space they are in and the requirements of that space
>     dictate the response to their behaviour.
>

> Additionally, "if you are harassed, maybe you should consult a lawyer"
> is not a bad option.

I think that would be covered under support documents. Certainly we
could have a page that has lots of discussion points about things people
can do under these circumstances, but that doesn't belong in the CoC proper.

>         This statement can be used in defense of abusive behavior (“I
>         was just expressing an opposing view!”).
>

>     Can you provide an example of said behaviour that does not also
>     violate the below?
>

> What is abusive?  And doesn't any formulation provide cover for arguably
> abusive behavior?

It is rather impossible to be abusive and have it not be a personal
attack or use of disparaging words.

>             * Participants must ensure that their language and actions
>             are free
>             of personal attacks and disparaging personal remarks.

Sincerely,

JD

                      +1-503-667-4564