Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/06/2016 02:50 PM, David Gibbons wrote:

>     On 1/6/2016 8:50 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>         It provides a sense of confidence to those who are not confident
>         that they can come play in our playground and not be bullied.
>         That is what every single code of conduct is about. There are a
>         lot of very talented people in the FLOSS community that just
>         don't like to work in areas that don't have a code of conduct.
>

>     Linus's lack of a personal CoC certainly hasn't kept people away
>     from Linux.

Yes actually it has, perhaps not use but contribution (which is what we
are talking about). There was just recently a very high profile exit due
to his inability not to be a jackass. I personally know people that
won't go anywhere near Kernel development because of the toxic
environment that surrounds it.

JD

Сообщение: Re: Definitive answer: can functions use indexes?
Сообщение: Re: Definitive answer: can functions use indexes?