Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 01/03/2016 02:11 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> PCI is payment card industry. I think that one is fairly well known
> across IT globally, because it's a global standard.
>
> HIPAA I have no idea what the acronym means, and very little about what
> it means to people either. AFAIK that's a US only standard, and for that
> reason it would probably be a good idea to spell it out.

Magnus and others: so some relevant stuff: I'm not spelling out HIPAA
because it would take up an entire line. And linking doesn't work either
for the text version of the release.  So what it's sounding like is that
we just leave it out entirely.

For the European Directive, I've never seen an acronym for it; is there one?

On 01/03/2016 12:18 AM, Darren Duncan wrote:
>> It's not a general change of slogan; most advanced is used elsewhere, I
>> think.  Personally, I would love to change our slogan to "world's
>> leading" but that's not an argument I'm willing to start now.
>
> I would argue that it is much better to stay with the existing "most
> advanced" slogan for now.  It works, and its also an easier argument to
> make since "advanced" is more specific to talking about product quality,
> while "leading" implies market share which may be harder to argue in
> general.

Note that we used "world's leading database" last year, after some
survey data was published to back that up.  If anything, that's even
more so this year.

However, it's not like "most advanced" is bad.  So maybe use leading in
one place in advanced in the other.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Сообщение: Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest