Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Дата
Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Basil,

> Generally best to define first occurrence of acronyms with full name spelled-out. But I don’t know if I would bother
withthese two or not.
> —
> PCI, HIPAA
> —

Those are external acronyms, and in common usage in the USA; do they
need to be spelled out?  Frankly, I use them and have no idea what they
stand for.  What do other people think?

> I would shorten this wordy sentence:
> —
> PostgreSQL 9.5 includes multiple features enabling it to be used for even bigger databases, as well as integrating it
withother Big Data systems.
> —
> …to this…
> —
> PostgreSQL 9.5 includes multiple features for bigger databases, and for integrating with other Big Data systems.
> —
>
> The ’t’ in ‘this’ should be uppercase.
> —
> BRIN Indexing: this new type of index
> —
>
> Ditto here for ’these’ :
> —
> CUBE, ROLLUP and GROUPING SETS: these new standard SQL
> —

Thanks for edits.

> Has your team intentionally changed the product line from this as seen on the postgresql.org web site:
> —
> The world’s most advanced open source database.
> —
> …to this, used twice in your press release?
> —
> PostgreSQL is the leading open source database system
> —

It's not a general change of slogan; most advanced is used elsewhere, I
think.  Personally, I would love to change our slogan to "world's
leading" but that's not an argument I'm willing to start now.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Сообщение: Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest