Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015/09/29 16:36, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> For the foreign table case (scanrelid>0), I imagined an approach
> different than yours.  In that case, I thought the issue would be
> probably addressed by just modifying the remote query performed in
> RefetchForeignRow, which would be of the form "SELECT ctid, * FROM
> remote table WHERE ctid = $1", so that the modified query would be of
> the form "SELECT ctid, * FROM remote table WHERE ctid = $1 AND *remote
> quals*".

Sorry, I was wrong.  I noticed that the modifieid query (that will be
sent to the remote server during postgresRefetchForeignRow) should be of
the form "SELECT * FROM (SELECT ctid, * FROM remote table WHERE ctid =
$1) ss WHERE *remote quals*".  (I think the query of the form "SELECT
ctid, * FROM remote table WHERE ctid = $1 AND *remote quals*" would be
okay if using a TID scan on the remote side, though.)

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita