Re: Reduce ProcArrayLock contention

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: Reduce ProcArrayLock contention
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/07/2015 11:40 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Jesper Pedersen
> <jesper.pedersen@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Just thought I would post it in this thread, because this change does help
>> on the performance numbers compared to 9.5 :)
>
> So are you saying that the performance was already worse before this
> patch landed, and then this patch made it somewhat better?  Or are you
> saying you think this patch broke it?

No, this patch helps on performance - there is an improvement in numbers
between

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=253de7e1eb9abbcf57e6c229a8a38abd6455c7de

and

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=0e141c0fbb211bdd23783afa731e3eef95c9ad7a

but you will have to use a 9.5 pgbench to see it, especially with higher
client counts.

Best regards, Jesper

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6
Сообщение: Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6