Re: JBoss-related question

От Håkan Jacobsson
Тема Re: JBoss-related question
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,

Thanx for your comments.
Actually, yes, I've deployed without restarting JBoss a couple of times. It might be the cause.
I've restarted the server now and doing some general testing.

This might not solve the problem entirely though, since I tested stuff yesterday and all was fine.
But today when doing some more testing - the exception suddenly was thrown. Without any 'hot re-deployments' (without
anydeployment actually) since I tested yesterday.
Very strange.

Håkan Jacobsson - System Developer

RELEVANT TRAFFIC EUROPE AB, Riddarg 17D, SE-114 57 Sthlm, Sweden

Mobile (+46) 736 56 97 58
Direct   (+46) 8 56 24 98 05
Phone to office (+46) 8 678 97 50 || Fax (+46) 8 661 19 22

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Michael Goldner [mailto:mgoldner@agmednet.com]
Skickat: den 8 januari 2008 14:15
Till: Guillaume Cottenceau; Håkan Jacobsson
Kopia: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Ämne: Re: [JDBC] JBoss-related question

On 1/8/08 7:49 AM, "Guillaume Cottenceau" <gc@mnc.ch> wrote:

> Håkan Jacobsson <hakan.jacobsson 'at' relevanttraffic.com> writes:
>
>> javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
>> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
>> PermGen space
>>
>> We start JBoss with -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m arguments, which , as I understand
>> it,
>> is the maximum heap size we can use
>
> that's not related to the mx. you have to increase the permanent
> generation (mnore information in java gc documentation).

Unfortunately, in my experience, increasing the PermGen space only delays
the problem.  The underlying issue seems to be related to
classloading/unloading when "hot deploying" applications (tomcat, glassfish,
jetty, etc.).  When a new version of the class is deployed, the old class is
unloaded, but apparently doesn't release its PermGen space.

Mike