Re: Archeiving and Purging

От Samuel Smith
Тема Re: Archeiving and Purging
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/18/2015 09:20 AM, adityagis wrote:
> Dear Users,
>   I have lots of data in my DB. I need to do archeiving and purging of my
> data.
> Can anyone please help me with step by step riles?
>

> Thanks in Advance.
> Aditya Kumar
>

> --

This is where partitioning comes in: https://github.com/keithf4/pg_partman

After that is set up, you would only need to drop the partition which
would take only a second or so. Problem is, it will probably take awhile
to get the data into a partitioned scheme.

Of course, I don't know what you mean by "lots of data". Normally, just
using a delete statement will be fine up until about 100 million rows or
so (on decent hardware).

--Sam

Сообщение: Re: Installation Size showing huge size in postgres installed on windows os
Сообщение: Re: Installation Size showing huge size in postgres installed on windows os