Re: pg_base_backup limit bandwidth possible?

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: pg_base_backup limit bandwidth possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/29/2014 10:08 AM, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I could not find in docs, is there any way to limit pg_base_backup
> bandwidth usage?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Edson

There is not.  You can however run the base backup on the server side
and use ssh/rsync/etc to copy w/limits to the slave.

With a big database and a spotty connection I find that the best option
anyway.  I'm assured the base backup succeeds and I can just keep
re-running rsync till I get it downloaded.

-Andy