Re: please update ps display for recovery checkpoint

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: please update ps display for recovery checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2020/12/05 2:17, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> On 12/3/20, 1:19 PM, "Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
>> I like the idea behind this patch.  I wrote a new version with a
>> couple of changes:
>
> I missed an #include in this patch.  Here's a new one with that fixed.

I agree it might be helpful to display something like "checkpointing" or "waiting for checkpoint" in PS title for the
startupprocess.

But, at least for me, it seems strange to display "idle" only for checkpointer. *If* we want to monitor the current
statusof checkpointer, it should be shown as wait event in pg_stat_activity, instead?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center