Re: Database and OS monitoring

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: Database and OS monitoring
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/13/2014 12:55 PM, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I've been searching in web for guidelines on OS (Linux) and PostgreSQL (9.3.5) active monitoring best practices.
> Can someone share experiences?
> I'm inclined to look at Cacti and Nagios. Any other experiences? Recommended books?
> I don't want to use SaaS for monitoring - I'll have a cloud server hired specifically for this purpose, outside my
maindata center infrastructure.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Edson

Stats are one thing, but errors are another.  I've found my best monitor is rsyslog and a perl script.

rsyslog.conf contains:

   local0.* action(type="omprog"
     binary="/usr/local/bin/logMonitor.pl"
     template="RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat")

the perl script is sort of like:

while (<>)
{
     emailme() if (/error/);
}

-Andy

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Database and OS monitoring