Re: Idle Sessions inTransaction with RELEASE_EXEC_SVP queries and locks

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Idle Sessions inTransaction with RELEASE_EXEC_SVP queries and locks
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/08/2014 02:05 AM, chris.jurado@primesoft.ph wrote:
> ​I am having a problem with having idle sessions in transactions. In
> pgAdmin Server Status, it is showing "RELEASE_EXEC_SVP_XXXXXX" (XXXXXX
> data are varied) as its query and it's locks also contain a lot of these
> "RELEASE_EXEC_SVP_XXXXXX" entries. What do these mean? These commonly
> cause lock blocking problems because these sessions sometimes lock other
> rows but the session status is always "Idle in transaction". I do not
> know why there are sessions like these. I have reviewed our system and
> do not see any possibility of transactions getting started that are not
> rollbacked or committed and just stay idle so this must be something
> internal to postgresql.
>
> Version of PostgreSQL is 9.2.8 running on Windows using psqlodbc driver
> 9.0.3.210.

 From the psqlodbc source this would seem to indicate SAVEPOINTs are
involved, so you might want to take a look at this thread:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/52dd07051f6b42b09328c339c7b9c5d4@EXCH2013.mustinformatique.fr

in particular this message:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/54819FAC.7030103@vmware.com

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Fwd: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark