Provide a pg_truncate_freespacemap function

От Ronan Dunklau
Тема Provide a pg_truncate_freespacemap function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

As we are currently experiencing a FSM corruption issue [1], we need to
rebuild FSM when we detect it.

I noticed we have something to truncate a visibility map, but nothing for the
freespace map, so I propose the attached (liberally copied from the VM
counterpart) to allow to truncate a FSM without incurring downtime, as
currently our only options are to either VACUUM FULL the table or stop the
cluster and remove the FSM manually.

Does that seem correct ?

[1]  https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/
1925490.taCxCBeP46%40aivenlaptop#7ace95c95cab17b6d92607e5362984ac

--
Ronan Dunklau

Вложения