Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/29/2014 06:41 AM, Gavin Flower wrote:

> I can suspect that people are much more likely to look for 'MERGE' in an
> index, or look for 'MERGE' in the list of SQL commands, than 'UPSERT'.

and/or to be looking for MySQL's:
 ON DUPLICATE KEY {IGNORE|UPDATE}

What astonishes me when I look around at how other RDBMS users solve
this is how many of them completely ignore concurrency issues. e.g. in
this SO question:

http://stackoverflow.com/q/108403/398670

there's an alarming lack of concern for concurrency, just a couple of
links to :

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3074/use-caution-with-sql-servers-merge-statement/

(BTW, that article contains some useful information about corner cases
any upsert approach should test and deal with).

Similar with Oracle: Alarming lack of concern for concurrency among users:

http://stackoverflow.com/q/237327/398670

Useful article:

http://michaeljswart.com/2011/09/mythbusting-concurrent-updateinsert-solutions/