Re: Single Table Report With Calculated Column

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Single Table Report With Calculated Column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/29/2014 09:50 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2014, David G Johnston wrote:
>
>> You want to use window clause/function.
>
> David,
>
>    I read about this, but did not absorb everything.
>
>> Add the following to the first query, in the select-list:
>> Sum(count(*)) over (partition by stream, sampdate) as stream_date_total
>> You function counts can then be divided into this.
>> The count(*) is because of the outer group by
>> The sum(...) is the window function
>
>    So this is a way of combinging aggregates; I tried something like the
> above but postfix did not like my syntax; it was not using partitions.

I am going to assume you mean Postgres did not like the syntax.

What was the error message you got back?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: Single Table Report With Calculated Column
Сообщение: Re: Single Table Report With Calculated Column