Re: executeQuery() throws "Statement has been closed"

От Hannes Erven
Тема Re: executeQuery() throws "Statement has been closed"
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

 > http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/81/thread.html
 >
> "If a thread attempts to use the connection while another one is using
> it, it will wait until the other thread has finished its current
> operation. If the operation is a regular SQL statement, then the
> operation consists of sending the statement and retrieving any ResultSet
> (in full)."

Consider this test case: one thread calls executeQuery("SELECT ..."),
and while that query is still executing, a second thread calls close()
on the statement.

Given the documentation above, I would expect the regular SQL statement
to complete, the statement then to be closed, and no exception thrown.

I'll attach a sample code for this scenario. With the current git
driver, this fails at getMaxRows().

When you change Jdbc4Statement.createResultset() so it uses this.maxrows
instead of getMaxRows() and hence skip checkClosed, then that test will
pass. Patch also attached, although I have no idea whether this really
is the right thing to do.

Still, I will also check my code. I think this happens when a user
closes a view while the data inside is (re)loading, so I'll probably
have the error handling discard that exception in this case instead of
ringing the alarm bell...

Thanks for your comments, David and Kevin!

Best regards,

    -hannes

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: executeQuery() throws "Statement has been closed"
Сообщение: Re: executeQuery() throws "Statement has been closed"