Re: pg_backup symlink?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_backup symlink?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:

> There is already precedent -- postmaster is a symlink to postgres, but
> operates differently due to its invocation name.

There are dozens of other examples in any standard Unix system.  Just
to take one example, 'ls' has six different links to it on my Unix box,
and they all act differently (ie, supply different default switches to
the basic 'ls' behavior).

Peter is definitely swimming upstream if he hopes to get anyone to adopt
the above as received wisdom.