Re: Is it useful to record whether plans are generic or custom?

От torikoshia
Тема Re: Is it useful to record whether plans are generic or custom?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chengxi Sun, Yamada-san, Horiguchi-san,

Thanks for all your comments.
Adding only the number of generic plan execution seems acceptable.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 2:10 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that ActivePortal is the closest nested portal. So it gives the
> wrong result for nested portals.

I may be wrong, but I thought it was ok since the closest nested portal
is the portal to be executed.

ActivePortal is used in ExecutorStart hook in the patch.
And as far as I read PortalStart(), ActivePortal is changed to the
portal to be executed before ExecutorStart().

If possible, could you tell me the specific case which causes wrong
results?

Regards,

--
Atsushi Torikoshi