Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1

От Rainer Tammer
Тема Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello,
so far:

- The switch to POSIX semaphores do not solve the problem...
- It's not CPU dependent, the problem does show on Power 5 and Power 7+
- The problem does show on AIX 7.1 (at least on Technology Level 3)
- The problem does not show on AIX 6.1
- If I send a SIGINT manually to the backend process nothing happens.

My next steps:

- Instrument the SIGALRM handler
- Instrument the SIGINT handler

Bye
  Rainer

On 25.02.2014 20:29, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rainer Tammer <pgsql@spg.schulergroup.com> writes:
>> There is a pg_sema.c in src/backend/port.
>> This is linked ti sysv_sema.c, there is also a posix_sema.c.
>> How do you select the one or the other?
> The configure script chooses which to use for a particular platform.
>
> Perhaps it should be making a different choice for AIX?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1
Сообщение: Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1