Re: Sub-optimal plan chosen

От tv@fuzzy.cz
Тема Re: Sub-optimal plan chosen
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Playing around with seq_page_cost (1) and random_page_cost (1), I can get
> the correct index selected. Applying those same settings to our production
> server does not produce the optimal plan, though.

I doubt setting seq_page_cost and random_page_cost to the same value is
reasonable - random access is almost always more expensive than sequential
access.

Anyway, post the EXPLAIN ANALYZE output from the production server. Don't
forget there are other _cost values - try to modify them too, but I'm not
sure how these values relate to the bitmap heap scan / bitmap index plans.

regards
Tomas