Re: Re: BUG #5614: Varchar column (with DEFAULT NULL) stores 'UL' value instead of null

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: BUG #5614: Varchar column (with DEFAULT NULL) stores 'UL' value instead of null
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"mmajer@janmedia.com" <mmajer@janmedia.com> writes:
> 1. SQL queries where executed using JDBC.
> 2. I was trying to repeat the bug (executing 'direct queries', from psql)- I
> created a new table, added some rows, then alter table adding varchar column
> field (password_pdf) with DEFAULT NULL, added some rows problem does not
> occur neither in 8.3.11 nor 8.1.19 - so it is not easy to repeat it

Maybe JDBC is an essential aspect somehow?  Although if it had messed up
the ALTER TABLE command you'd think that would be visible in the \d output.

It would be useful to see the stored version of the default in the
misbehaving table, ie

    select * from pg_attrdef where adrelid = 'ecom2_orders'::regclass;