Re: Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/04/2013 01:25 AM, si24 wrote:
>> show the [databases] section in the pgbouncer.ini
>
> [databases]
> manifold = host=127.0.0.1 port=5432 dbname=manifold user=postgrest
> password=123ert
>
> I have tested now with both the ip address and using localhost in the host
> section
>
> I have also ended up swapping round the 2 port numbers so now postgres is
> 6432 and pgbouncer is 5432 the only thing is when I use the admin command to
> check the databases for the pgbouncer i get this:
>
> pgbouncer=# show databases;
>     name      |          host    | port  | database   | force_user |
> pool_size | reserve_pool
> -----------+--------------+------+-----------+------------+-----------+--------------
>   manifold    |  127.0.0.1     | 5432 | manifold     | postgrest   |
> 20 |0
>   pgbouncer |                    | 5432 | pgbouncer  | pgbouncer  |
> 2 |0
>   postgres   | 127.0.0.1       | 5432 | postgres    |                 |
> 20 |0
>
> It seems that they are all are using the same port.
>
> I'm at my winds end now and I need to get this working badley.
> Maybe I'm not understanding it at all if some could explaine it to me in
> more lamens terms hopefully that would help otherwise I don't know what to
> do.

Well the first thing would be to work on one thing at a time and  also
maintain some consistency. For example in the above you say you have
switched the Postgres port to 6432, yet in your [databases] example you
show a port of 5432. So one of those statements is wrong.

In order to work with this we will need to see a more detailed
description of what you are doing, example:

client application --> 5432 pgBouncer --> 6432 Postgres

and the associated config files

pgbouncer.ini pgBouncer

from postgresql.conf Postgres

    listen_addresses
    port

pg_hba.conf Postgres

also

Make sure when making any changes to reload the appropriate software
after the changes.