Re: Company PR WAS: News links, post 'em here

От Gilles Darold
Тема Re: Company PR WAS: News links, post 'em here
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

First of all I must apology every thing: my bad understanding, my very
bad English speaking (that's my #1 shame) and my lack of expression.

> It's pretty clear that we have 2 kinds of french articles available to
> cover the news, some of them are talking about PostgreSQL the Open
> Source project and some of them are explaining to potential customers
> who to contact if they want to use Ora2PG.

Please do not introduce Ora2Pg as a bullet when you want to fight. The
only target of Ora2Pg is Oracle and for years now (v1.0 was May 2001, my
first use of PostgreSQL was 1995-11-28) and at this time every one
agrees that this is the right tool for that. My understanding is that
you are trying to use an Ora2Pg feature that doesn't exist for now: the
patriot feature :/

I used to work in good understanding and I'm not aware of that kind of
fight, please use an other tool/subject for that. Ora2Pg is open for
every one. The fact that Dalibo hired me brings lot of improvements to
Ora2Pg that every one can benefit, that's a special thanks to Dalibo.
There's no afterthought, no hidden feature. Please promote Ora2Pg in
your 2ndquadrant communication, no one at Dalibo and even less me will
say that you go beyond your rights. This project is open, free of
charge, anyone can contribute and anyone can use it to promote an Oracle
to PostgreSQL work.

All of my spare time goes to open tools projects and not only PostgreSQL
(see below), and I never faced this kind of aggressiveness. Please keep
my work in a way that I can still understand it. Me and my children look
at me as a PostgreSQL contributor, so please, even if you make degrees
in the PostgreSQL contribution don't forget my stone. I was in Albania
beach this summer and I don't recall that a stone was above an other,
but what I remember is that there was lot of stones (yes, there is kind
of Albania promote inside :-) ).

Best regards,

--
Gilles
GPL tools at http://www.darold.net/

--
Gilles Darold
Administrateur de bases de données

Сообщение: Re: Company PR WAS: News links, post 'em here
Сообщение: Re: Company PR WAS: News links, post 'em here