Re: UTF-8 encoding problem w/ libpq

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: UTF-8 encoding problem w/ libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/03/2013 02:41 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 06/03/2013 02:28 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> . I wonder though if we couldn't just fix this code to not do
>> anything to high-bit-set bytes in multibyte encodings.
>

> That's exactly what I suggested back in November.

This thread seems to have gone cold, so I have applied the fix I
originally suggested along these lines to all live branches.

At least that means we won't produce junk, but we still need to work out
how to downcase multi-byte characters.

If anyone thinks there are other places in the code that need similar
treatment, they are welcome to find them. I have not yet found one.

cheers

andrew