Re: Add missing error codes to PANIC/FATAL error reports in xlogrecovery

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add missing error codes to PANIC/FATAL error reports in xlogrecovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Wondering if we should add a ERRCODE_CLUSTER_CORRUPTED for cases like this. We
> have ERRCODE_DATA_CORRUPTED and ERRCODE_INDEX_CORRUPTED, which make
> ERRCODE_DATA_CORRUPTED feel a bit too specific in this kind of situation?

Maybe.  We didn't officially define DATA_CORRUPTED as referring to
table data, but given the existence of INDEX_CORRUPTED maybe we
should treat it as that.  In any case ...

> Hm, this one arguably is not corruption, but we still cannot
> continue. ERRCODE_OBJECT_NOT_IN_PREREQUISITE_STATE or maybe a new error code?

... I don't really like turning a whole bunch of error cases into
the same error code without some closer analysis.  I think you
are right that these need a bit more case-by-case thought.