Re: Postgres vs. SQL Server on Reddit

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Postgres vs. SQL Server on Reddit
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 03/13/2013 09:34 PM, Joshua Kramer wrote:
> I was browsing Reddit tonight and came across this.
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/SQLServer/comments/1a87sp/your_boss_asks_you_to_justify_using_sql_server/
>
> The poster tries to make a case for Postgres in a sea of SQL-Server admins.

I think this is a good thread for us to pay attention to. It provides
insight into the minds of SQL-Server folks. I also think it shows why we
have more luck converting Oracle folk than SQL-Server folk (namely the
Windows->Unix thing).

What I do think is important to recognize here is that we don't have
tools like Microsoft has tools. There is of course an argument that we
don't need them but I can say it would be nice to manage 100 postgresql
machines, 20 which are in HAC clusters, from a single dashboard.

I don't know of any tool that can do that efficiently.

Joshua D. Drake

Сообщение: Re: Postgres vs. SQL Server on Reddit
Сообщение: Re: Postgres vs. SQL Server on Reddit