Re: WITH HOLD ref cursors for plpgsql

От Daniel Wood
Тема Re: WITH HOLD ref cursors for plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 02/19/2013 01:10 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Daniel Wood <dwood@salesforce.com> writes:
>> I believe that WITH HOLD cursors was once on a TODO list for plpgsql
>> along with scrollable cursors.  When scrollable cursors was implemented,
>> but not WITH HOLD, it was dropped from the TODO list.
> Huh?  It's been done for years.  Unless there's some specific capability
> you find to be missing?
>
> The thread you referenced is specifically about plpgsql, not cursors
> in general.
>
>             regards, tom lane
So how does one create a "WITH HOLD ref cursor for plpgsql"?

The SQL grammar for "declare" allows it but I can't find it in the
plpgsql grammar for declare.

The link I previously quoted for Pavel/Robert discussions was garbled.
It is:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/AANLkTikjVF6bENfxv-et75g-vHnRyy0y0B+og6BprhgQ@mail.gmail.com

- Dan

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: WITH HOLD ref cursors for plpgsql
От: Sergey Konoplev
Сообщение: Re: Return table and integer value