Re: Automatic transactions in SELECT...

От Tom Lisjac
Тема Re: Automatic transactions in SELECT...
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 02/08/2013 09:17 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tom Lisjac <netdxr@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 02/08/2013 08:23 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> There's no such behavior in the server.  If you're using any client
>>> library above the level of libpq, it might be trying to be "helpful"
>>> by managing transactions --- but you've not said what your client-side
>>> programmming environment is, so it's hard to speculate about that.
>> Thanks for the quick reply... and good point about the layers between
>> the app and db. The team is using Java/JBoss/Hibernate, so a great deal
>> of "helpfulness" is possible where a setting somewhere in that stack
>> might be the root cause.
> Hm.  That stuff is outside my expertise, but I'm fairly sure that the
> JDBC driver does have some notion of transaction management, and if it
> doesn't then JBoss or Hibernate probably do.  Your issue is almost
> surely in that stack somewhere.
>
> The pgsql-jdbc list would be the best place to get help about the JDBC
> driver.  Dunno how much they know about JBoss or Hibernate though.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hi Tom,

Again, thanks for your reply. The light bulb came on when you mentioned
"helpful" client-side libraries and I remembered that the team is using
a thick and fairly complex set of Java frameworks. That's where we'll
start our troubleshooting efforts next week... and we *won't* be
spending 30K for another database, which someone actually suggested. :o)

Best regards,

-Tom

Сообщение: Re: Automatic transactions in SELECT...
Сообщение: Re: Automatic transactions in SELECT...