Connection Options -- SSL already uses compression?

От Karl Denninger
Тема Connection Options -- SSL already uses compression?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Am I reading this correctly -- it appears that if SSL negotiation is enabled for a connection (say, when using pg_basebackup over a WAN) that compression is automatically used (provided it is supported on both ends)?

Is there a way to check and see if it is on for a given connection?

I was looking to hack in zlib support and saw that appears to be already-present support, provided SSL connection security is enabled.

--
-- Karl Denninger
The Market Ticker ®