Re: postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc4.jar and backslash

От Altaf Malik
Тема Re: postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc4.jar and backslash
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
You are using wrong escape characters. \\ is java escape character, which in turn becomes \ so your String becomes:
UPDATE "table1" SET "field1"='f:\temp'
And when you fetch the data, f:\temp becomes f:   emp
because \t is an escape sequence for tab.

Using escape characters, \\ should be written as \\\\ which will convert to \\

--Altaf Malik

roman <xroot@mail.ru> wrote:
Hello.
I use this jar driver for connection to postgresql 8.2.3-1 in Windows XP.
In my database I use UFT8 codepage.
I need to save some filepath in some character varying(255) field in table1.
That path looks like this: f:\temp
in String class like this: "f:\\temp";
I try to execute following SQL statement:
UPDATE "table1" SET "field1"='f:\\temp'
in String object it looks like: "UPDATE \"table1\" SET \"field1\"='f:\\temp'".
After statement executed I get on SELECT folowing:
f:<tab symbol>emp

Why? There were two back slashes!!!

When I try to execute that update statement in pgAdminIII everything is OK!!!

Please, help me to decide this problem. How can I save filepath with backslashes?

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.