Re: pg_dump -Fd must create directory

От David Salisbury
Тема Re: pg_dump -Fd must create directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It looks to me like you're misusing git..

You should only git init once, and always use that directory.
Then pg_dump, which should create one file per database
with the file name you've specified.
Not sure of the flags but I'd recommend plain text format.

I'm also unsure what you mean by network traffic, as you don't
mention a remote repository, but there nice visual tools
for you to see the changes to files between you're committed
objects.  git init.. will more than likely lose all changes
to files.

-ds

On 9/12/12 5:12 AM, François Beausoleil wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Why must pg_dump create a fresh new directory everytime? I'm running some tests where I dump a database to a
directory,git init and git add --all, then dump again. When I did that after doing some modifications (specifically
creatinga new table and adding a few hundred thousand records), git status told me some files had been renamed and
otherswere removed. I worked around this by dumping to a new directory, then moving .git manually.

> My real-world use case is I have a largish database (46 GiB gzip'd dump) that I dump every few hours, and some tables
areessentially static. I was thinking of saving some network traffic by transferring only the delta.

От: Igor Neyman
Сообщение: Re: Best free tool for relationship extraction
От: Sébastien Lorion
Сообщение: Re: Amazon High I/O instances