Re: Amazon High I/O instances

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Amazon High I/O instances
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/12/12 3:17 PM, François Beausoleil wrote:
> What are the iostat / vmstat numbers during the test?

note you need to run iostat with -x <interval>    and ignore the first
sample as its average since reboot.   I usually use 5, 10, or 30 second
intervals when analyzing IO performance problems.

on a system with multiple storage devices, the device list can get long
and confusing, I'll often specify just the device(s) I'm investigating...

     iostat -x 5 sdc sdd

ditto, vmstat needs a <interval> argument, or it shows average since reboot