Re: Maintaining a materialized view only on a replica

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Maintaining a materialized view only on a replica
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Subject changed to describe the problem. Reply in-line.

On 09/04/2012 07:57 PM, Herouth Maoz wrote:

> The issue is that when an insert or an update is fired, I can't say
> whether all the segments of the same transaction have been written yet,
> and if only some of them were written, there is no guarantee on the
> order in which they are written.

Does Slony-I provide stronger guarantees? If your replication doesn't
guarantee ordering then you're going to have a very hard time doing this.

> Is this
> feasible at all? How would you achieve it?

I'd try to find a replication system that guaranteed ordering if at all
possible.

--
Craig Ringer