Re: debian / cvs

От Dave Page
Тема Re: debian / cvs
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
It's rumoured that Raphaël Enrici once said:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Dave Page wrote :
>
>>>So,
>>>I've just uploaded pgadmin3 for Debian woody,testing and unstable. If
>>>someone on the list can test this, it would be nice...
>>>Scripts seem to
>>>be ok now and daily snapshots can be built automatically
>>>

>>OK, that's good news. - we should probably add the scripts to CVS at
>>some point.
>>

> Concerning this proposal, I think it would be great and surely help
> automates build although it's  surely not compliant with the actual
> feature freeze (we'll surely do this for a next release, isn't it ?).

I think we can add/tweak packaging scripts during ff. It's not like they
affect the underlying code in any way. I was planning to add a new
directory anyway:
/
  src/
  doc/
  pkg/
    win32/
    src/
    slackware/
    debian/
etc.

Which would hold all the appropriate packaging related files. For example,
the current build-snapshot will be split into /pkg/src/build-tarball and
/pkg/slackware/build-package or similar. /pkg/win32 will contain the Wise
for Windows installer project files that I will use.
> Now I have some question:
> Everything concerning debian packaging is located in a directory named
> "debian" that looks like this for the moment:
>    debian/README.Debian
>    debian/changelog
>    debian/control
>    debian/copyright
>    debian/dirs
>    debian/docs
>    debian/rules

Can this work under /pkg/debian?

> This directory if found under something like packagename-version,
> permits the package to be built by launching a single command. <here is
>  the question ;)> So, can you confirm that pga3's tarball sources of
> freezed or beta versions will be released with the main directory
> called  something like :  pgadmin3-xxxx where xxxx is the version
> number
> (something similar to what is done in the snapshots' tarballs
> "pgadmin3-0.1.1"). If it's the case and if we simply put the "debian"
> directory in it, the package can be simply built typing a single
> command  on a debian system (dpkg-buildpackage -b -rfakeroot).

The beta releases will be pgadmin3-0.x.x.tar.gz (I plan to drop the -src
that's currently in there). When we release, we will bump the version to
1.0.0.
> I'm currently looking for the best practices concerning debian
> packaging  and cvs. Debian has some tools that helps managing packages
> files in a  cvs repository (in particular, it helps managing differents
> versions of  files for differents releases of debian) but I'm not sure
> it's the best  way of doing the job.

I wouldn't have thought that pgAdmin is that complex is it?

Regards, Dave.