Re: Query cancelled errors

От David Rickard
Тема Re: Query cancelled errors
Дата
Re: Query cancelled errors  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-novice
At 02:45 PM 9/16/2003 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
David Rickard <David.Rickard@GTScompanies.com> writes:
> We have encountered numerous instances when we have encountered the
> following error message:
>          ERROR:  Query was cancelled.

Something is sending the backend a SIGINT.  What platform are you on?
(For that matter, what PG version are you using?)

System: SunOS rutabaga 5.9 Generic_112233-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250
PG:  7.3.4

You might look to see if your platform sends SIGINT when it thinks
a process has exhausted resource limits, or some such.  Most Unixen
I'm familiar with use different signals for that, but it's hard to
think of other obvious reasons for unsolicited signals.

Also, how did you start the postmaster?  If you launched it by hand
and weren't careful to dissociate it from the shell session, then
control-C typed at that shell could SIGINT the postmaster and backends.

postmaster is running in the background; started via:
pg_ctl start -D PG_DATA -s -l PG_LOG -o '-i'

David Rickard
Software Engineer
The GTS Companies
A TechBooks Company

The GTS Companies:
GTS Publishing Services, GTS Graphics, GTS Innova:
Your Single-Source Solution!
Los Angeles CA  *  York, PA  *  Boston MA  *  New Delhi, India

David.Rickard@GTSCompanies.com
Visit us on the World Wide Web
http://www.gtscompanies.com
5650 Jillson St., Los Angeles, CA 90040