Re: pg_autovacuum

От Adam Kavan
Тема Re: pg_autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 09:41 PM 9/2/03 -0400, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
>On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 20:40, Adam Kavan wrote:
> > And there is the problem, all of the counts stay at 0 no matter what I do.
>
>OK, so why is this happening... a bug in the stats system?  Ignoring
>pg_autovaccu, what numbers do you get from the stats system when you do
>a:
>
>SELECT relname,n_tup_ins,n_tup_upd,n_tup_del from pg_stat_user_tables
>where relname = 'foobar';
>
>both before and after your insert / update script.
>
>Matthew
Before updates:

   relname   | n_tup_ins | n_tup_upd | n_tup_del
------------+-----------+-----------+-----------
  PointUsage |         0 |         0 |         0
(1 row)

After updates:

   relname   | n_tup_ins | n_tup_upd | n_tup_del
------------+-----------+-----------+-----------
  PointUsage |         0 |         0 |         0
(1 row)

After deleting updates:

   relname   | n_tup_ins | n_tup_upd | n_tup_del
------------+-----------+-----------+-----------
  PointUsage |         0 |         0 |         0
(1 row)

This is the problem... I just don't know how to fix it, or even what is
causing it.  I am 100% sure that I am inserting into the same database that
I executed the select from.  Here are the relevent lines from postgresql.conf:

stats_start_collector = true
#stats_command_string = true
#stats_block_level = true
stats_row_level = true