Re: history file on replica and double switchover

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: history file on replica and double switchover
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2020/09/04 8:29, Anastasia Lubennikova wrote:
> On 27.08.2020 16:02, Grigory Smolkin wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I`ve noticed, that when running switchover replica to master and back to replica, new history file is streamed to
replica,but not archived,

>> which is not great, because it breaks PITR if archiving is running on replica. The fix looks trivial.
>> Bash script to reproduce the problem and patch are attached.
>>
> Thanks for the report. I agree that it looks like a bug.

+1

+            /* Mark history file as ready for archiving */
+            if (XLogArchiveMode != ARCHIVE_MODE_OFF)
+                XLogArchiveNotify(fname);

I agree that history file should be archived in the standby when
archive_mode=always. But why do we need to do when archive_mode=on?
I'm just concerned about the case where the primary and standby
have the shared archive area, and archive_mode is on.

> For some reason, patch failed to apply on current master, even though I don't see any difference in the code.
> I'll attach this thread to the next commitfest, so it doesn't get lost.

Thanks!

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao