Re: Date created for tables

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Date created for tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron schrieb am 24.12.2019 um 03:14:
>>> Having moved to PostgreSQL from Oracle a few years ago I have been generally
>>> very impressed by Postgres, but there are a few things that I still miss. One
>>> of those is being able to see the created and last modified dates for database
>>> objects.
>>>
>>> Is this something that has been considered for implementation?
>> I wrote a blog about this:
>>
>>     https://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2017.html#November_21_2017
>
> You all are *grossly* over-complicating this.
>
> By creation time, "we DBAs" think the time we ran "CREATE object", not when pg_dump, pg_basebackup and pg_update ran.
>
> Likewise, modification time is when we last ran an ALTER command ran, not when VACUUM ran (that's tracked elsewhere)
orDML ran.

> That's all.

+1

Although I don't really need this, there were a few situations where this came in handy in Oracle.

I think _any_ tracking would already help those people that need something like that.
Simply picking the easiest implementation and documenting the situations where those columns are updated would probably
beenough.