Re: Settings for fast restores

От Ron
Тема Re: Settings for fast restores
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/01/2018 09:11 AM, Vick Khera wrote:
On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 2:03 AM, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

http://www.databasesoup.com/2014/09/settings-for-fast-pgrestore.html

shared_buffers = 1/2 of what you'd usually set
maintenance_work_mem = 1GB-2GB
wal_level = minimal
full_page_writes = off
wal_buffers = 64MB
checkpoint_segments = 256 or higher
max_wal_senders = 0
wal_keep_segments = 0

How many of these 4 year old setting recommendations are still valid for 9.6?

They all look still valid to me. I personally also set fsync=off since I can always start over if the machine crashes and corrupts the data.

Right.  I didn't mention these, because they seem version-agnostic:

fsync = off
synchronous_commit = off
archive_mode = off
autovacuum = off