От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14.04.23 15:22, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> Now that the "Minimal logical decoding on standby" patch series
> (mentioned up-thread) has been
> committed, I think we can resume working on this one ("Synchronizing
> slots from primary to standby").

Maybe you have seen this extension that was released a few months ago:
https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/pg_failover_slots .  This contains the
same functionality packaged as an extension.  Maybe this can give some
ideas about how this should behave and what options to provide etc.

Note that pg_failover_slots doesn't use logical decoding on standby,
because that would be too slow in practice.  Earlier in this thread we
had some discussion about which of the two approaches was preferred.
Anyway, that's what's out there.