Re: Runtime partition pruning for MergeAppend

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Runtime partition pruning for MergeAppend
Дата
Re: Runtime partition pruning for MergeAppend  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Runtime partition pruning for MergeAppend  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18/06/18 13:29, David Rowley wrote:
> Back in the v11 cycle, there was just not quite enough time to get the
> MergeAppend run-time partition pruning patch in.
>
> I've attached v24 of this patch.  The only changes done from v23 [1]
> are to re-base the patch atop of current master. There's was a bit of
> churn in the partition pruning and run-time pruning code last week.
> I've re-aligned the new code to account for the work done there.

Looks solid. The only actual bug I see is that this doesn't honor the
enable_partition_pruning GUC, but that's trivial to fix. So fixed that,
reworded some of the comments a tiny bit, and committed. Thanks!

- Heikki