Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Jelte,

08.04.2024 11:36, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Apr 2024 at 10:00, Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As I wrote in [1], I didn't observe the issue with clang-18, so maybe it
>> is fixed already.
>> Perhaps it's worth rechecking...
> Using the attached script I got these timings. Clang is significantly
> slower in all of them. But especially with -Og the difference between
> is huge.
>
> gcc 11.4.0: 7.276s
> clang 18.1.3: 17.216s
> gcc 11.4.0 --debug: 7.441s
> clang 18.1.3 --debug: 18.164s
> gcc 11.4.0 --debug -Og: 2.418s
> clang 18.1.3 --debug -Og: 14.864s
>
> I reported this same issue to the LLVM project here:
> https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/87973

Maybe we're talking about different problems.
At [1] Thomas (and then I) was unhappy with more than 200 seconds
duration...

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BhUKGLvJ7-%3DfS-J9kN%3DaZWrpyqykwqCBbxXLEhUa9831dPFcg%40mail.gmail.com

Best regards,
Alexander

От: Jelte Fennema-Nio
Сообщение: Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%