Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 23, 2022, at 6:00 AM, Joel Jacobson wrote:
On Fri, Feb 11, 2022, at 04:46, Noah Misch wrote:
> How did you make the list?  (I'd imagine doing it by searching for
> repositories containing evidence like \bpgxs\b matches.)

Searching Github for repos with a *.control file in the root dir and a Makefile containing ^PGXS
Interesting. What's an extension? It is something that contains user-defined
objects. It would be good if your list was expanded to contain addons (modules)
that are basically plugins that don't create additional objects in the database
e.g. an output plugin or a module that uses any hooks (such as auth_delay).
They generally don't provide control file (for example, wal2json). I don't know
if can only rely on PGXS check because there are client programs that uses the
PGXS infrastructure to build it.

Hmm, now that you say it, maybe the ^PGXS regex should be case-insensitive,
if pgxs can be written in e.g. lower case?
Makefile variable names are case-sensitive. You cannot write pgxs or PgXs; it
should be PGXS.

--
Euler Taveira

Сообщение: Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world
Сообщение: Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world