Re: unorthodox use of PG for a customer

От Dimitri Maziuk
Тема Re: unorthodox use of PG for a customer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/24/2018 02:07 PM, David Gauthier wrote:

> ...  He likes the idea of a
> separate DB per workarea.  He just doesn't gt it.

Well there are advantages to that.

> But for some reason, he doesn't like
> the client/server DB model which would work so nicely here.  I'm just
> trying to make sure I didn't miss some sort of solution, PG or not, that
> would work here.

What you should tell him is that he can't have it both ways. Either it's
multiple worker nodes concurrently writing to the same workstation -- in
which case he needs "a server" on the workstation to accept incoming
connections and all that overhead, with enough oomph to handle
concurrency he expects. Or it's a beefed-up central server where
everybody writes to, and every workstation can poll it and maintain its
own state databases from there (i.e. worker nodes don't talk back to
submit nodes).

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: unorthodox use of PG for a customer
Сообщение: Re: unorthodox use of PG for a customer